Saturday, April 11, 2020

Way Maker




"On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb." - Luke 24:1-2

Two women, very early in the morning, heading to the tomb of their Savior. Every time I read this passage, I cannot help but lean into what I imagine their conversation to be as they walked the road leading to the tomb. Surely at least one of them must have been worried about how they would roll the heavy stone away. I wonder, if the more they walked, the more they began to doubt. Just two women, no special equipment, no real workable plan for accomplishing such a difficult task. What were they thinking or planning to do when they arrived? Were they trying to come up with a good solution on their own? Did they almost turn around and go back home instead?

Regardless of what they might have worried about or even imagined, God was working. In fact, the enormous stone was already rolled away - before they even arrived. And their Savior was risen! He already had the impossible situation completely under control. Every doubt and worry the women had leading up to the tomb were already solved - before they even witnessed the miracle for themselves.

This story is one that speaks hope to my heart. I place myself in the path with these women. I too sometimes walk an unknown road, leading to what seems like an impossible situation. I lack what I feel are the necessary tools to accomplish what God is calling me to do. I feel inadequate and scared. What I cannot see is that God already has the stone rolled away before I even get there. He is already working, even while I am wasting time and energy worrying. He speaks and miracles take place. He holds unlimited resources and a purpose to do "immeasurably more than I can think or imagine." (Ephesians 3:20)

And, dear friend, this same promise holds true for you.

I'm not sure what giant stone you feel is blocking you from doing what God has called you to do or what is standing between you and sweet surrender to God's plan. I'm not sure what hurt, rejection, distraction, pain or excuse the enemy is using in an attempt to convince you to give up and go back. This I do know..God is already working. He is the ultimate way maker. Nothing is worth missing the miracle of a "stone rolled away".

 Let God do all the heavy lifting. Do not quit. Do not worry or fear.  There is an Easter Sunday morning miracle coming! 


No comments: